Nine Signs You’re With the Wrong Guy
Relationships may seem elusive or few and far between. However, there is no reason to stay in a losing situation just to say you aren’t alone. We often time ignore the signs of a bad partner because we don’t want to be alone or because we want something to work that really, well, shouldn’t. If you find any of the signs below in your relationship, chances are…you’re caught up in a ‘bad romance’.
1) He Doesn’t Make You Feel Good: Your partner should make you happy with his presence in your life more often than not. While even the best couples have bad days, fights and moments of discontent, you should genuinely appreciate and enjoy the man in your life. If the thought of your boo brings up feelings of ambivalence or neutrality, you might be dealing with the wrong fella.
2) He Actually Makes You Feel Bad: It’s one thing to find a man unremarkable, but if the idea of your man turns you OFF, then you need a new man. And if this guy makes it his business to put you down or treat you cruelly in any other way, then you may be dealing with an abuser. Anyone who treats you with malcontent or disrespect has no place in your life. Let him go.
3) He Doesn’t Treat You The Way You Wish To Be Treated: Speaking of how he does you when he does you how he does…even if the treatment you get isn’t necessarily ‘bad’, if it isn’t what you want from a man, it might as well be. For example, if you like for a man to treat you as a total equal, you might not do well with the man who wants to spoil you like a princess. If you want a sensitive man who attends to even your most trivial worries, then the strong, silent and uncommunicative gent might not work for you. That doesn’t mean that you should be above checking your expectations and questioning how reasonable they are, but you don’t want to waste your time (or anyone else’s) if they can’t provide what you want from a partner.
4) Nobody Else Seems To Approve: Now, while friends and family can be some straight up haters when it comes to even a wonderful mate, if NO ONE in your life is willing to cosign the relationship…this may be worth exploring. Why don’t they like him? Is it the way he speaks to you? Do they feel like you are using him (or vice versa)? Does he have a checkered past, or worse, a checkered present? If your peoples’ reasons for voting ‘no’ on your beau are sound, then you should give them some serious thought. Trust me, if your mama saw good ole Tommy on http://www.thugginluvin.com, she’s not hating…
5) You Can’t Stop Your Wandering Eye: Even the happiest woman can recognize other fine men in her space. She may even occasionally fantasize about doing some extra-curricular activity here and there. However, if you feel that you are constantly worrying over men other than the one you’re with, then you might not be happy enough at home. If that’s the case, you may wish to consider bouncing before you make a move that can hurt you both.
6) He Bores You: Love isn’t exciting every day; a wise man told me that even the best relationships may resemble an old, comfortable pair of socks over time. However, if you find that your boo is dry as toast more often than not, then you probably aren’t with the right person.
7) You Hate His Interests: The Feeling Is Mutual: A fervent D.I.Y-er can peacefully co-exist with a sports fanatic even if they have no interest in participating in each other’s activities. But if the things that he does actually bother or annoy you, then you might not be able to make this work. Even the girlfriend who hates basketball should be cool with sitting through some games, just as he should be down to drive you to the craft store and hold some sticks in place so you can finish your birdhouse. If you can’t support one another’s passions enough to at least agree to give each other space to engage them in peace, no bueno.
8) You Don’t See A Future With Him: Hey, Mr. Right Now is more than sufficient if you BOTH are cool with having a little fun. But if you are ready for something of significance and he’s clearly not it…well, he ain’t it! Don’t prolong the inevitable or cause either of you any unnecessary pain by trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
9) He ‘s Not Trustworthy: No matter how much you may like someone, if he doesn’t deserve your trust…if he misrepresents his actions, doesn’t make time for you or seems guarded about significant portions of his life, then you are more likely than not dealing with Mr. Wrongy McWrongerton.
What did we leave out? What are some of the other signs that your man ain’t the one? Sound off!